- Food Coloring
- Rubbing alcohol
- Container with lid for mixing
(e.g. empty yogurt container)
- Cookie sheet or cake pan
- Glass jar with lid
- Ribbon (optional)
Prepare Dyed Rice
For each color you would like to make:
- Measure about 1 cup of rice into the mixing container.
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of food coloring.
- Cover the mixing container and shake vigoroulsy until color is spread evenly.
- Empty rice onto a cookie sheet or cake pan and spread out to dry
Once the rice is dry:
- Scoop a few spoonfuls of the first color into the bottom of the jar.
- Continue scooping different colors until the jar is full. Pack the jar tightly so the design stays in place.
- Cap the jar.
- Decorate with ribbon (optional).